Library Technical Assistant III
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Library Technical Assistant III
POSITION CODE: 4249
DEPARTMENT: Armacost Library
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Month/40 Hour
SCHEDULE: TBD, will include one late night shift and/or weekend shift. Occasional revisions to hours depending on needs of the department.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.32 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six months
POSTING DATE: November 30, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to January 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: The Armacost Library seeks a reliable and service-oriented person to join our team to support copy and complex cataloging, and processing requests in our interlibrary loan system (currently ILLIAD). In addition to their regular duties, the person in this position will participate in library-wide committees/teams/groups or projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate to copy catalog print materials and participate in complex cataloging of other non-book materials (DVDs, scores, maps, zines, etc.) according to national, regional and local cataloging policies, standards and practices
• Responsible for bibliographic verification and processing of interlibrary loan requests. Identifies access problems and routes them to appropriate staff for resolution
• May supervise physical processing of new library materials in multiple formats according to Armacost Library policies and practices
• Create, maintain and update bibliographic holdings and item records in the library management system (ExLibris Alma)
• Share responsibility for training student employees to assist in physical processing of library materials
• Share responsibility for in-house library materials mending and repair
• In collaboration with subject librarians participate in deselecting and withdrawing materials from Armacost Library collections
• Share responsibility for documenting unit policies and procedures
• Will participate in front desk responsibilities (circulation of library collections, patron services, and supervision of student employees)
• Maintain department confidence and safeguard operations by keeping information confidential
• Adhere to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least four years of current, relevant library experience, or a relevant associates degree (or equivalent 72 quarter hours/48 semester hours) with two years current, relevant library experience, and proficiency with an integrated library system (preferably ExLibris Alma). Relevant experience includes creating, maintaining and updating bibliographic holdings and item records in the library management system, and physical processing of materials. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks; work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty and students. Must be able to competently interact with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty. We encourage those who embrace empathy, self-reflection, and respect of a multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace to apply. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRStaffEmployment/. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER