On-Call Security Dispatcher
Job Title: On-Call Security Dispatcher
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 4438
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: This position is temporary, on-call. Various schedules and hours including evenings and weekends.
Serve as the communication hub of Security Services and is responsible for providing customer service to internal and external customers. Effectively gather, record, and disseminate information in support of Security operations as well as customer requests. Maintain a professional and calm demeanor, even in stressful situations. Monitor burglar alarm, fire alarm and video camera software.
- Answers telephone for Security Services, Facilities Services, Conference Services and Campus Operator.
- Dispatches via radio routine, priority, and emergency calls to Security and Facilities staff in the field.
- Corresponds regularly via telephone or radio with Tacoma Police and Fire Departments.
- Monitors campus fire and burglar alarm systems, the 911 call monitoring system, security cameras and dispatches security officers as necessary to emergency, priority and routine calls for service.
- Greets visitors and provides information over the telephone and in person.
- May take information over the phone to complete incident reports.
- Maintains a shift log.
- Acts as the primary link between on-duty security staff and off-campus emergency services.
- Operates campus emergency mass communication systems (Talk-A-Phone towers and Everbridge) to timely notify the campus in the event of an emergency.
- Associate's degree in Communications or Technology with campus security and/or dispatch experience desired and preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Prior experience with call and incident management software is preferred
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- The job offer to the successful candidate will be contingent upon the results of a background inquiry and drug test
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
The pay rate for this position is $16.94 per hour.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
- Letter of Interest
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;