On-Call Catering Lead
Job Title: On-Call Catering Lead
Location: Dining & Conference Services
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 4418
DCS Posting Details
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills.Ability to effectively supervise others by providing clear instructions and effective criticism/redirection.Ability to detect food and labor waste issues and develops a plan of corrective action.Ability to multi-task and utilize effective time management during production.Operational knowledge of commercial and kitchen equipment.Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.Must possess a high standard of personal hygiene.Must possess a valid Food Worker Card.Possession of a Washington State driver’s license for a minimum of two years.Ability to pass a pre-employment background inquiry, physical exam (including drug screening), and strength test.Required scheduling during Board of Trustee, Homecoming, and Commencement events during academic school year.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent. Four years food & beverage experience and two years food & beverage supervisory experience, preferably in a catering and or a banquet environment.
- Ability to work shifts of twelve or more hours.Ability to bend and stoop to grasp objects, climb ladders, push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds, unassisted. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.Lift up to 35 pounds unassisted on occasion.Ability to visually examine products for quality and signage/labeling for accuracy. Ability to stand for long periods of time.Ability to work in a fast-paced, strenuous environment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/Compensation/Benefits: The hiring rate for this position is $14.70 per hour. Application Deadline Information: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Required Applicant Documents:You will be prompted to upload all required documents as one file titled "Required documents." Please combine all required documents shown below into one Word or PDF file. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
The University of Puget Sound is an equal employment opportunity employer.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;