On-Call Catering Service Worker
Job Title: On-Call Catering Service Worker
Location: Dining & Conference Services
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 2184
DCS Posting Details
This position is temporary, on-call. Various schedules/hours ranging from 6am - 12 midnight, including weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-Call Catering Service Worker is involved in the pickup, delivery, setup, service and break down of Catering Events.
- Ability to greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Sets up buffet lines and food delivery. Sets tables, carries trays, serves according to established dining etiquette.
- Adheres to established production procedures in the performance of additional duties including, but not limited to: salad prep, plating, and beverage service.
- Ability to operate dishwasher and organize small wares and dish storage.
- Operates standard kitchen appliances and equipment, e.g., coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, etc.
- Determines necessity of obtaining assistance in lifting or moving heavy items or those stored in areas of limited maneuverability.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Ability to count and to read short sentences with a common vocabulary.
- Ability to secure a Food Worker Card for food handling.
- The job offer to the successful candidate will be contingent upon the results of a background inquiry, physical exam (including a drug screening), and strength test.
- Must be able to stand on one's feet for extended period of time, use hand/finger dexterity continually, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. on an occasional basis.
Rate of pay: This position is hourly, non-exempt with a $13.16 per hour rate of pay.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. Please view the University Diversity Statement.
Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal employment opportunity employer.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;