Media Arts Faculty
Media Arts Faculty
Posted: March 14, 2019
SUNY Sullivan is accepting applications for a full-time faculty member to teach introductory and advanced courses in Digital Story-telling/Media Arts in the Division of Liberal Arts and Sciences. This is a tenure track appointment. Experience teaching and the ability to interact with a diverse student and staff population is required for all faculty positions.
The incumbent will guide students through methods of creating efficient 2D and 3D models using several animation software packages. Applicants should clearly show the necessary qualifications for teaching the following areas:
- TV/studio operations
- Radio productions
- Video editing
- Script writing and film critiquing
- Bachelor’s degree and several years of industry experience are required.
- Strong understanding of the current versions of Adobe Suite, including Premiere, Adobe Photoshop and Garageband, running on Mac computer systems.
- Strong working knowledge of the creation of still & motion graphics and field shooting, ingesting, logging, editing and outputting HD video for various on-line and on-screen formats.
- Proficiency in the Mac operating system and in using the following:
- Maxon’s Cinema 4D
- Adobe Illustrator,
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Aftereffects
- Adobe Premiere
- Ability to work with a diverse student and staff population, at many skill levels, in a friendly and supportive way.
- Previous teaching experience providing college level digital photography and video instruction, as well as knowledge of computer graphics/graphic design concepts and execution is preferred.
- Graduate degree in a related field is preferred.
- Teach 30 contact hours of introductory digital media story-telling, as well as potential additional courses related to the applicant’s area of professional expertise.
- Maintain and allocate video acquisition gear and studio productions.
- Troubleshoot general hardware and software issues as they arise in student’s productions.
- Hold appropriate office hours.
- Take part, as needed, in typical activities of a full-time faculty member, including the following: advising/mentoring students, developing curriculum, recruiting students, and attending division and faculty meetings.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with faculty ranking beginning at the entry level range of $40,533 (Instructor) to the mid-level range of $47,533 (Assistant Professor). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however, review of resumes is scheduled to begin June 1, 2019, in anticipation of a Fall 2019 semester appointment.
Preference will be given to those candidates who exhibit a strong record of undergraduate teaching; excellent communication skills; and who demonstrate a willingness to support college commitments to a diverse student population by participating in student mentoring, online and/or evening teaching assignments and collaborative partnerships with faculty and support services.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity and forward your cover letter and CV, teaching philosophy and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional references to: