Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
Posted: September 25, 2019
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Director of Human Resources. The Director reports to the President and administers the college’s human resources functions, including policy formulation, implementation, and communication, recruitment and employment activities, classification and compensation, benefits, management of performance and evaluation files, and training and professional development. The Director is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations governing personnel. Also, the director consults with the Affirmative Action officer in the execution of the college’s affirmative action program. This is a Management Confidential, Executive Committee level position.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resource administration or management or related field, Master’s preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity in human resources administration preferably in a college or university.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, organizational and presentational skills.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations is required.
- Experience in collective bargaining.
- Supervises the benefits programs of the college.
- Serves as the college’s liaison with the County Personnel Office.
- Serves as the liaison with the Collective Bargaining units of the College.
- Advertises for staff and faculty recruitment.
- Coordinates faculty and staff evaluation process.
- Serves on all Search committees as an Ex-Officio member representing the Human Resources Office.
- Canvasses Civil Service lists for potential candidates when appropriate and assists the hiring office with hiring details.
- With input from faculty and staff, develops and administers faculty and staff development and training programs compliant with federal and state training regulations.
- Oversees the conversion of all personnel files into Jenzabar.
- Maintains personnel database and prepares all adjunct and overload hiring letters.
- Trains supervisors on documenting performance of staff.
- Assists in fact finding for labor relations and collective bargaining.
- Functions as the Ombudsperson in matters pertaining to discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (see separate job description).
- Corresponds with all candidates who are being considered for positions at the college.
- Oversees the Assistant Director of Human Resources
- Prepares annual salary schedule for Teamster and PSA positions.
- Advises President on personnel issues and recommends policies for approval and implementation.
- Reviews the results of investigations related to staff from the Title IX/Compliance Officer, and offer appropriate guidance to supervisors.
- Performs other duties assigned by the President.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of October 25, 2019. The hiring range for this position is $60,000 to $65,000. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity, and e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources to: