Director, Training Institute (Revised and Extended)
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number AA2018-0654 Title Director, Training Institute (Revised and Extended) Campus Location Herndon Campus Start Date 07/01/2019 Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share State Center Community College District’s commitment to empowering our colleges in their efforts to promote exemplary educational opportunities and to provide safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environments leading to student success and global competitiveness which will transform our region.
Under the administrative direction of the Vice Chancellor, Educational Services & Institutional Effectiveness the Director, Training Institute will work in collaboration with college leadership and will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, controlling and directing contract education programs and selected special programs;
- Providing leadership for new program development and new program implementation;
- Monitoring and evaluating programs for quality, effectiveness, compliance, and student success;
- Identifying, developing, and implementing grant funded, and third party funded, training programs;
- Overseeing all financial activities of the department, including budget development, budget monitoring and control, and expenditures;
- Managing the contracting process as required by the District for contract education activities;
- Acting as the primary point of contact for contract education activities for business, industry, governmental agencies, and internal stakeholders;
- Developing partnerships, and leveraging resources, to effectively serve the community;
- Managing marketing, advertising and promotion for contract education and Training Institute programs;
- Leading continuous improvement efforts for effective and efficient delivery of not-for-credit programs;
- Working collaboratively with all college sites to provide contract education programs;
- Supervising and evaluating the performance of assigned staff; interview and select employees; and
- Performing additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.
- Master’s AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment;
- A valid California Community College Supervisory Credential;
- All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice.
- Experience with continuing education, professional development, and/or contract education programs;
- Experience with the development, implementation and oversight of special programs within a community college;
- Strong marketing skills, and experience with the development of marketing materials;
- Experience with grant and categorically funded programs;
- Strong financial analysis and budget oversight skills;
- Highly organized with strong oral and written communication skills; and
- Knowledge of the district’s mission and goals.
Salary is $108,727 – $137,010 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,082 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).Selection Procedure
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who submit all the required documents and who meet the qualifications, a selection advisory committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection advisory committee will rate responses to the interview questions. Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Vice Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service minded organization and respond, as best we can, to the needs of our applicants and the faculty and administrators we work with in the District.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 1519.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The district office is located in the city of Fresno, the fifth largest city in the state. Residents enjoy a strong combination of rural and cosmopolitan living. The Fresno area features an eclectic and robust mix of dining, shopping, farmers’ markets, vibrant arts and culture, and wineries as well as a variety of attractions. With a population of over 900,000, Fresno County is one of the fastest growing counties in the state, boasting a diverse population. Less than an hour from the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the area offers easy access to three national parks: Kings Canyon, Sequoia, and Yosemite. Seven nearby lakes offer sailing, fishing, boating, and water skiing. Living in the area allows winter sports, such as skiing and snowboarding, to be enjoyed during a day trip or weekend getaway.
The District’s unique central California location is a short driving distance from Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, Carmel, Big Sur, Monterey, and Morro Bay. Locally, art enthusiasts can enjoy museums, theater, opera, a philharmonic orchestra, and art galleries. The Save Mart Center at Fresno State is a multi-purpose arena that attracts some of today’s top music entertainers. Sports enthusiasts can benefit from year-round golf and country clubs of championship caliber, and can enjoy watching the Fresno Grizzlies AAA baseball team and the Fresno FC professional soccer team. Tennis courts and recreational parks are strategically placed throughout the city, along with numerous hiking, biking, walking and running paths. Farmers’ markets abound with the fresh just-picked produce grown in the area. Local housing is affordable and the Clovis Unified School District has the highest student test scores in the central valley.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
The State Center Community College District includes three colleges and multiple centers. The district employs over 3,100 faculty & staff, enrolls nearly 60,000 students & covers more than 5,743 square miles spanning several counties, serving approximately 1.7 million people and 22 unified and high school districts in urban and rural territories.
The district’s classified professionals, faculty, and administrators employees reflect our surrounding diverse communities. We are 9% Asian/Pacific Islander, 1% American Indian/Alaskan Native, 5% African-American, 19% Latinx, 54% White, 8% multiracial, and 4% unknown.
This is an academic management position, exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, with responsibility for formulation and implementation of district policies, regulations, budget decisions, and supervision of personnel including assignment of work, evaluation of performance, adjusting grievances, recommending hiring, transfer, suspension, layoff, recall, promotion, and termination.Open Date 11/20/2018 Close Date 02/08/2019 Closing Time 11:55 pm Open Until Filled No Quick Link http://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/2579 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation