Photography Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number 1815 Title Photography Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College Campus Location Fresno City College Start Date Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 22,000 students of which 56% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are African American, 22% are White, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Computer Photography, on the Fresno City College campus and/or at off-site community campus locations, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Lecture and laboratory instruction in professional photography at any vocational level taught at the community college;
- Conducting classes, lab maintenance and operation, equipment inventory, class preparation, office hours, and student evaluation and advisement;
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position and currency in teaching professional photography;
- Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus, and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- A bachelor’s degree AND two years of directly related professional experience;
- An associate degree AND six years of directly related professional experience;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need of equity-minded practices within the classroom.
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional photographic processes, digital photography, studio lighting practices, photographic aesthetics and marketing;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows operating systems using Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Extent of experience with Photoshop and Lightroom;
- Willingness to maintain currency in the field of professional photography and graphics;
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration;
- Ability to develop new and current curriculum and focus on student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Community college teaching experience;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its missions and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional Information Additional Information about the Position
NOTE: Fresno City College’s current equivalency policy reads as follows:
- Possession of a high school diploma;
- 10 years of professional photography experience;
- Successful completion (C or better) of college level English 1A (English Comp) OR a score of 3 or higher on an AP English Comp class completed in high school.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Letters of Recommendation
- Additional Documents