Chemistry Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number Title Chemistry Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College Campus Location Fresno City College Start Date Essential Functions of Position
- Teaching both lecture and laboratory classes in introductory, general and organic chemistry;
- Assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; and
- Communicating effectively with students and staff.
- Teaching assignments may include a variety of instructional settings and times, including evenings and weekends.
- Master’s in chemistry; OR
- Bachelor’s in chemistry or biochemistry and master’s in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology or geochemistry; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level;
- Broad based academic background in chemistry;
- Experience with educational technology (computer, interactive video, slides, etc.);
- Ability and desire to teach the breadth of the department’s course offerings;
- Experience working with students of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Related work experience; and
- Knowledge of current laboratory safety procedures.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional Information Additional Information about the Position Open Date 07/12/2017 Close Date Closing Time Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1749 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation