Electrical Systems Technology Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number Title Electrical Systems Technology Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College Campus Location Fresno City College Start Date Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 22,000 students of which 56% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are African American, 22% are White, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the student it serves.
Providing instruction in Electrical Systems Technology, on the Fresno City College campus and/or at off-site community campus locations, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Assisting in recruiting and advising students;
- Working with local manufacturing companies in the development and placement of on-the-job student internships;
- Participating in departmental co-curricular activities such as clubs and related events;
- Performing duties related to categorical funding that include dual enrollment objectives;
- Attending regional and state level professional development conferences and meetings regarding dual enrollment or student success;
- Assisting in the advancement of the institutional mission and goals;
- Performing related duties as assigned;
- Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus, and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- A bachelor’s degree AND two years of directly related professional experience;
- An associate degree AND six years of directly related professional experience;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need of equity-minded practices within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications
Related knowledge, work, and professional experience applicable to the following fields:
- Fundamentals of electronics/electrical circuits,
- Computer networking hardware,
- CCNA certification,
- Analog/digital communications,
- Building automation (door access, CCTV, HVAC, lighting, etc.)
- Biomedical equipment,
- PLCs, VFDs, SCADA, HMI (programmable logic controllers), SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition), HMI (human-machine interface),
- Industrial instrumentation and motor controls,
- Industrial robotics,
- Voice and data cabling, and
- Experience working with students of various backgrounds;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its missions and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional Information Additional Information about the Position Open Date 12/13/2017 Close Date Closing Time Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1903 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation