Business Administration Instructor (Madera Community College Center)
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number AA2018-0671 Title Business Administration Instructor (Madera Community College Center) Campus Location Madera Community College Center Start Date Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share the Madera Community College Center’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 5,000 students of which 66% are Latinx, 1% are Filipino, 6% are Asian, 3% are Black/African American, 19% are White,
1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 3% are multiracial. MCCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a highly motivated team of faculty dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction that may involve both lecture and laboratory classes in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship and Office Technology at the Madera Community College Center and/or at off-site locations. The instructor will be responsible for:
- Organizing and teaching classes in the business administration area which may include, but is not limited to Business Communications, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Management, Human Relations in Business, Business & Finite Math, Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Salesmanship, Business Management, Careers in Business, Statistics for Business and other business courses;
- Teaching other courses in the office technology area as assigned, such as Keyboarding, Computer Basics, Computer Applications including MS Office Applications, Word Processing, Medical Keyboarding, Office Systems and Procedures, Medical Terminology, Medical Administrative Assistant and QuickBooks;
- Coordinating and conducting regular advisory committee meetings for Business Administration and Office Technology as per Perkins grant requirement for Career Technical Education (CTE) disciplines;
- Developing and/or revising curriculum and programs, including program review and developing and accessing student learning outcomes for courses and programs to improve student learning;
- Participating in the accreditation process;
- Communicating effectively with students and staff and maintaining effective working relationships;
- Developing and/or utilizing technologies for classroom presentations;
- Advising students;
- Participating in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
- Working with colleagues within and beyond the discipline to implement the guided pathways concept to promote student success and completion;
- Participating in student recruitment activities;
- Teaching assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evenings and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Master’s in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education;
- Bachelor’s in any of the above AND master’s in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree;
- Bachelor’s in economics with a business emphasis AND master’s in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.
(NOTE: If the degrees posted on your transcript(s) do not match EXACTLY as stated above, you MUST petition for equivalency.Desirable Qualifications
- Broad-based academic preparation in business;
- Professional competency as evidenced by successful work experience and college teaching experience in business and office technology courses;
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement innovative teaching methodologies;
- Commitment to interacting and working successfully as a team with instructors and other colleagues;
- Enthusiasm for teaching and assisting students to succeed;
- Ability to develop curriculum in emerging areas;
- Exhibits the capacity to contribute to the total operation of the instructional program including Department, Division, and College responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and a variety of teaching modalities, including distance learning;
- Ability to use current educational technology methods and tools;
- Knowledge and experience in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
- Strong computer skills;
- Memberships in professional organizations;
- An understanding of current office technology trends and employer needs;
- Familiarity with current educational technology and multimedia presentation software;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Salary is $55,650 – $83,782 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,082 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teacher’s Retirement System (CalSTRS).Selection Procedure
Applications will be screened by Human Resources for completeness and to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement, a selection committee will review the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications then determine who will be invited to interview. Interviews are tentatively scheduled the week of February 25th.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President and College President for final interviews which are tentatively scheduled the week of March 11th.
A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 243-7100. For information on the Madera Community College Center, Reedley College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 4512.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.Additional Information
This is a full-time, tenure track position.Additional Information about the Position http://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/2592 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement, and you fail to petition for equivalency (even if you have an approved equivalency on file with this district), your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Non-Confidential Letter of Recommendation 1 (Must be dated no earlier than 3 years before the filing deadline - MUST BE UPLOADED BY APPLICANT)
- Non-Confidential Letter of Recommendation 2 (Must be dated no earlier than 3 years before the filing deadline - MUST BE UPLOADED BY APPLICANT)
- Non-Confidential Letter of Recommendation 3 (Must be dated no earlier than 3 years before the filing deadline - MUST BE UPLOADED BY APPLICANT)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents