(Part-time) Assistant Coach, Sport TBD
Description of Basic Functions and Responsibilities
The Shasta College division of Physical Education/Athletics is seeking to build a pool of qualified applicants for possible part-time instruction. Applicants should have previous teaching experience and experience web-enhancing or delivering courses online. We will respond to applications based on our current needs.
Under administrative leadership, it is the responsibility of the adjunct instructor to teach courses as assigned and to perform those tasks that support advancement of the vision, mission, and values of the community college district.
Responsibilities designated below are primary to the adjunct instructor role. Some of the listed professional responsibilities are examples of activities, which are part of the unique role of each adjunct instructor and are reflective of their individual expertise and interests. Typical Duties, Knowledge and Ability
1. Meet classes/laboratories on days and times as assigned according to the current academic calendar.
2. Develop and implement instruction for each class and laboratory period, which is consistent with the official course outline.
3. Develop and distribute during the first week of class, a written syllabus for each course to communicate to students, course objectives, grading criteria and classroom policies.
4. Demonstrate respect for student rights as specified in District policy and applicable laws.
5. Submit requisitions for textbooks and instructional materials and/or recommend to department chairs/coordinators appropriate text selections, in a timely manner.
6. Refer students to tutoring and related student services when appropriate.
7. Supervise students in off-campus or co-curricular activities when participation is expected as part of a course requirement or where such supervision is part of the instructor's load.
Evaluation of Students
1. Periodically, evaluate student progress toward meeting course objectives; advise the students about methods of evaluation and the results of the evaluation.
2. Return assignments and examination results in a timely fashion.
3. Assign grades to students in the manner provided by District policy and administrative procedure and prescribed by the Education Code and Title V regulations of the State of California.
4. Submit required administrative paperwork, including grade report forms, in a timely and accurate manner.
1. Participate in the development and review of curriculum as needed.
1. Advise students enrolled in the instructor's classes on such matters as:
b. major course requirements for the degree or certificate;
c. learning skills;
d. collateral or enrichment reading or experience opportunities for further understanding of the course or subject field; e. career alternatives/opportunities related to the subject field.
1. Participate in professional development activities.
2. Continue to develop professional skills and knowledge.
3. Attend/participate in professional conferences, seminars or meetings.
1. Attend and participate in department/program/division meetings (voluntary).
2. Abide by departmental regulations concerning the proper use, care and security of equipment and District property.
3. Participate in the process of shared governance through committee work of the department, center, college and/or district level; participate in other significant nonclassroom college, district or community activities.
4. Participate in articulation activities and coordination of inter-divisional and intradivisional learning activities (voluntary).
5. Attend advisory committee meetings when required by divisional programs.
6. Report absences due to illness or for personal necessity and the intended date of return, if at all possible, prior to the class meeting to the dean/director.
7. Provide recommendations for purchase of instructional supplies and equipment.
8. Attend/participate in "in house" conferences, seminars or meetings (voluntary).
9. Provide administrators, chairs and coordinators with sample instruction materials as may be deemed necessary, such as examinations, lab projects or course syllabuses.
10. Fulfill all obligations as established in the current collective bargaining agreement.
OR any associate degree and six years of professional experience. Additional Information To be considered a candidate for this position, the applicant must submit the following materials:
Online Application with Additional Required Materials to be attached to application: