Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate/Professor in Sociology and Anthropology Department
New Jersey City University
William J. Maxwell College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Tenure-track Position in Social Work
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology at New Jersey City University, Jersey City, is seeking applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position to be hired beginning in the 2019-2020 academic year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the college level. Familiarity with virtual learning environments and course management systems (hybrid/blended teaching) and/or willingness to train.
- Ability to conduct fundable research and publish.
- Assist with development of a dual BSW/MSW program which meets accreditation requirements by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Provide service to the Department, College, and University including advisement.
- Other related duties as assigned or needed
- Applicants must possess an MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited program, and have earned a doctorate in social work (DSW or PhD). As scholarship is a significant portion of this position, qualifications include prior publication of original work.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of post-Master's direct practice experience.
- Applicants must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to practice social work in New Jersey (or another state) and/or be eligible to obtain license in New Jersey.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and the names of three persons who can provide professional references.Review of applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled. New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution. Applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.