Sr. Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy
POSITION: Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing & Brand Strategy
LOCATION: Vice President of Advancement
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Marketing & Communications, the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing & Brand Strategy, is responsible for executing differentiated marketing and brand strategies for the undergraduate, graduate, and professional education audiences that drive enrollment, enhance awareness and reputation, and contribute to the overall success of NJCU’s enrollment goals.
The Senior Director serves as an advisor and subject matter expert to the Enrollment Management leadership team, Provost, and Deans related to the design and implementation of the enrollment marketing strategies, including executing and optimizing marketing campaigns, developing messaging and collateral, and creating new approaches to the overall marketing experience for prospective students and applicants.
In conjunction with the Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer, the Senior Director will lead a cross-collaborative team of key stakeholders to devise and operationalize a brand strategy that supports and enhances the enrollment marketing strategies and objectives.A strategic-thinker who can translate a big-picture marketing vision into implementable operational plans, this individual is a dot-connector who must understand how optimize comprehensive marketing elements and opportunities to build the NJCU brand and advance enrollment marketing objectives. The Senior Director guides a team of team of professionals and works collaboratively within the Marketing & Communications unit to bring marketing and brand strategies from concept to completion. A modern marketer, this individual thinks in a holistic way and knows how to bring together channel owners, creative producers and communicators together to develop and implement effective marketing campaigns. These campaigns should leverage research insights to drive tangible, measurable results. With an ability to spot and mitigate potential issues, this individual builds and manages relationships and mobilizes resources to meet goals. With a high-degree of emotional-intelligence, the Sr. Director ensures their teams are positioned as strategic marketing partners for the assigned business/academic unit. Regularly provides excellent counsel to Vice President of Enrollment Management & Student Life and the Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer.
She/he collaborates with senior leaders and appropriate stakeholders across campus in the execution of an integrated marketing strategy which includes developing and implementing strategic messaging for the marketing vehicles and degree programs, aligning messaging to audience needs, and ensuring consistency in branding and graphic identity.
Ensures NJCU’s digital presence is optimized across web, social and digital media.
Provides ongoing analysis and assessment of strategies and outcomes.
This role is the key leader managing NJCU’s relationships with brand and marketing partners, including the agency of record and other digital partners.Responsibilities :
- Responsible for operations of the designated Marketing Strategy Teams. This includes ensuring team members are effectively building and implementing marketing plans. Builds infrastructure for effective and strategic marketing efforts. Works collaboratively with others to build processes for leveraging analytics and research insights to drive marketing efforts. Implements approach to after-action reviews and regular reporting on the performance of marketing plans.
- Builds project management tools and approaches.
- Oversees brand advertising budget.
- Provides strategic counsel to Sr. Leadership, Deans, Faculty and staff related to marketing strategies and tactics.
- Directs the development of marketing plans and related materials. Helps team members trouble-shoot challenges. Works with other leaders to ensure marketing programs roll out on time and on budget. Serves as lead marketer on special projects as needed.
- Provides counsel to AVP and collaborates on building a best-in-class marketing operation. Stays up-to-date on industry trends. Mentors team and provides University-wide education on media relations best practices.
- Plays a lead role in unifying and managing the NJCU brand across all media channels and platforms so it is conveyed in a consistent and creative manner.
- Design and oversee all marketing and advertising plans for the university.
- Manages a creative team consisting of a web and digital strategy director; media content producer/video specialist; and student interns in design, photo, video and marketing.
- Ensures the efficient and cost-effective production of all publications, promotional pieces, marketing pieces, digital media, website content and social media messaging in the implementation of marketing strategies.
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of proven experience in marketing management, performance marketing, marketing strategy, and/or marketing communications. Minimum of 5 (five) years leading marketing teams. A track record of implementing major omnichannel marketing campaigns which meet or exceeded stated measurable goals.
- Demonstrated success in development and execution of marketing plans and programs that leverage a range of media and variety of channels including advertising, direct response, and online.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with marketing technologies including (but not limited to) CRM and Marketing Automation technology. Related digital marketing experience required.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work with vendors and agencies to produce results. This may include creative agencies, individual designers, technical agencies, lead generation, call centers, and Internet partners.
- Prior experience in supervising marketing professionals is necessary, as well as comfort with managing through influencing.
- Ability to work efficiently, creatively, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated business-like manner and appearance; exercise diplomacy and tact.
- Creates an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deals with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciates open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
- Embraces ideas and changes created by all community members.
- Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility; takes thoughtful risks; and effectively acts on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Connects dots across multiple campaigns to drive an enterprise-level approach to strategic marketing.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding and experience about brand expression and experience and knows how to bring a brand to life through strategic marketing campaigns.
- Works collaboratively with diverse groups inside and outside of the University.
- Experience working in a team-centric operation.
- Showcases outstanding communication and organizational skills are necessary. This individual must be able to work well with an exceptionally wide range of people including senior executive and administrative staff; deans, faculty; students; media representatives; volunteers and other employees.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in order to manage stressful situations in a solution-oriented way with a positive attitude.
- Proficient project management skills to ensure hundreds of marketing programs and campaigns roll out on-time and on-budget.
- Superior management and organizational skills with extreme attention to detail and follow up.
- Capably manages staff.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team, with a willingness to assist with routine and last-minute projects.
REQUIRED: cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution. Applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: Open Until Filled