Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Midway University - Midway, KYPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeJob Category EducationDescription
Midway University is actively seeking Adjuncts to teach in both the Undergraduate and Graduate programs.
Adjunct faculty members must have knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to effective undergraduate or graduate teaching. Teaching will occur in face to face course settings, as well as in an online platform. Adjuncts are also expected to have knowledge of ways to instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students and do the following:
- Teach undergraduate or graduate courses
- Invest in students
- Participate in institution activities as appropriate
- Involve students in research or professional experience as appropriate
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Please realize that there may not presently be an adjunct position available. When an opening becomes available for which you would be a good match, the Dean will be in contact with you for further dialogue, interviews, etc. Approved applicants will remain in the adjunct pool for the upcoming school year only. To be reconsidered for the following school year, applicant will need to reapply. If hired, official transcripts will be required from all undergraduate and graduate universities attended before a contract is issued.Qualifications
- Masters in a specified discipline from an accredited college. Ph.D is required to teach Graduate level courses.
- Commitment to teaching excellence required. A minimum of three years related work experience required.
- One year of teaching experience in higher education preferred.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
Midway University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.