Associate Director, Employer Relations and Career Exploration
Working Title:Associate Director, Employer Relations and Career Exploration Department:Center for Career Exploration and Success Division:Enrollment Management and Student Success Campus:Oxford Posting Date:10/26/2018 Job Category:Staff Position Group:Unclassified Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 6527 - Unclassified - FT
The Associate Director for Employer Relations works collaboratively to effectively deliver comprehensive employer development and engagement services for the Center for Career Exploration and Success. The position will spearhead these efforts for the Health and Medicine and Applied Sciences career clusters as well as work with startup organizations throughout the country.Duties/Physical Demands:
- Develops new and maintains current employer relationships and works actively to promote recruitment of Miami University students through direct contact with prospective employers. Coordinates outreach efforts with University offices such as Advancement, Admission and the Alumni Association as needed.
- Implements key aspects of the university's central recruitment program, including the identification and cultivation of employers in wide range of industries, sectors and geographies. Work closely with AVP and Corporate & Foundation Relations, and Director of University External Relations to cultivate new partnerships of benefit to Miami University with focused attention on strategic growth targets including the Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce, Cintrifuse, #StartupMiamiOH, and Ohio organizations. Be able to assess strategies and adapt areas of focus as needed. Oversee the Ohio Means Internships and Co-ops grants.
- Advises employers on marketing strategies that will help them build their brands on campus and increase loyalty to Miami University and its students. Lead employer relations and engagement activities for designated career clusters including Health and Medicine and Applied and Behavioral Sciences. Responsible for maintaining, educating and enforcing employer recruitment policies and follow-up with stakeholders as issues arise.
- Support programming and outreach to under-served student populations as assigned and in collaboration with Career Center staff focused on this initiative.
- In collaboration with career advisors, works with academic departments, Deans, Chairs, faculty, University Advancement, and other University staff to help foster connections to employers and to expand experiential and employment opportunities for students. Responsible for maintaining up-to-date employer invitation list for large career events (i.e. career fairs).
- Supports the collection, analysis, and reporting of data regarding recruiting activities, job placements and salaries.
- Assist in the coordination of office-wide special events, programs, workshops, and career fairs, and other events as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in HR, business, communications, psychology, marketing/sales or related discipline is required.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Proven ability to build and nurture networks of internal and external relationships.
- Multi-faceted customer service skill set including strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communications, presentation skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Familiar with current employment trends? employer branding strategies? and targeted recruitment principles, procedures and resources.
A Master's Degree in HR, business, communications, psychology, marketing/sales or related discipline.Hours Per Week/Percent Time:100% Work Hours/Schedule:40 Hours Duration:12 Months Temporary:No Benefit Eligible:Yes Required Documents:Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume Application Types Accepted:Unclassified