Assistant Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Working Title:Assistant Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness Department:Provost & VP for Acad Affairs Division:Academic Affairs Campus:Oxford Posting Date:12/21/2018 Job Category:Staff Position Group:Unclassified Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 6714
Reporting to the Provost, the Assistant Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness will lead the university’s data analytics and institutional research, as well as institutional effectiveness and accreditation activities, and provide key support for enrollment management as well as institutional resource planning and analysis. This individual will ensure that enterprise data is collected accurately, analyzed rigorously, used appropriately, and shared with key stakeholders to make data-driven or evidence-based decisions.
Lead the university’s data analytics and institutional research, as well as institutional effectiveness and accreditation activities, and provide key support for enrollment management as well as institutional resource planning and analysis. This individual will ensure that enterprise data is collected accurately, analyzed rigorously, used appropriately, and shared with key stakeholders to make data-driven or evidence-based decisions.
The Assistant Provost will integrate critical functions in institutional research and assessment to meet changing needs in dynamic regional and national higher education markets. The Assistant Provost will also manage institutional data for a wide range of uses: budgeting and financial planning; enrollment projections; scorecards for productivity analyses; student retention and success; federal and state reporting; regional and specialty accreditation reporting; assessment of program outcomes; salary analyses; and other projects. This person will shape the use of data as a key influencer of University planning and decision support. The Assistant Provost will manage an operation that must both meet new institutional challenges for analytics and continuing responsibilities in assessment, in addition to institutional reporting to regulatory bodies.
- Master’s degree in social science, statistics, research methodology, higher education, or a related discipline with a minimum of five years combined experience in institutional research and assessment;
- Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of effective, appropriate and rigorous institutional research and assessment in the current higher education context;
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills; a capacity to work and communicate productively with multiple stakeholders, and perspectives to collaboratively address complex data and analysis needs;
- Have the ability to collect and analyze data, and to build effective partnerships and collaborate across the institution to help forge the consensus needed to advance the University’s mission;
- Have the ability to translate data analysis into usable information for decision-making and policy analysis;
- Have proven skills in working with senior leadership, while demonstrating integrity, credibility, sound judgment, and tact;
- Be skilled in best practices using technology for data analysis and communicating results;
- Maintain a strong commitment to customer service and ability to prioritize; and
- Be flexible, intellectually curious, and able to manage details and big ideas concurrently.
A doctoral degree in a relevant field; ten years of combined experience in institutional research and assessment.Hours Per Week/Percent Time:100% Duration:12 months Temporary:No Benefit Eligible:Yes Date to Begin Screening:01/18/2019 Required Documents:Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume Special Instructions to Applicant:Direct inquiries to Jeff Wanko at [email protected] Application Types Accepted:Unclassified Criminal Background Check Required:Yes