Employment TypeFull-Time Benefited
Knox College invites applications for College Registrar, responsible for the overall organization and coordination of all registration processes and academic records processes. The Registrar will provide a broad and variable range of professional services, including: maintaining data integrity and operations concerning student academic records; coordinating, designing, and improving the College’s academic records function; implementing office policy and College procedures related to student academic records; working closely with faculty and staff to develop and implement procedures and systems that support the curriculum and academic programs at the College; and managing all aspects of class scheduling, student registration, and transfer evaluation processes. The Registrar at Knox College also plays a key institutional role in retention and completion efforts, providing statistical and analytical reports to aid in developing academic policy.
In addition, the Registrar will:
- Ensure the smooth operations of all aspects of the office, including administrative functions such as academic requirements, College Catalog, maintenance of the student information system (Jenzabar), and course/classroom scheduling.
- Oversee the processes for student enrollment, transfer credit articulation, production of official transcripts and graduation and degree verification.
- Work closely with the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment in the preparation of periodic sets of internal and external statistics and produces statistical and narrative reports for various committees and individuals.
- Serve as an ex officio member of the Curriculum Committee and the Academic Standing Committee.
- Ensure all operations of the registrar’s office are in compliance with Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in student services, educational administration, or a related area preferred.
- Five years of direct experience in a registration or records, academic affairs, or student academic services setting; experience in a liberal arts college preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations governing federal, staff, and institutional policies regarding student registration and record keeping.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver student records and registration services and ability to keep pace with rapidly changing landscape of information access required; experience with Jenzabar preferred.
- Ability to work closely with diverse faculty, students, and staff, build strong relationships across various offices and sectors of the College, manage staff effectively, and maintain a high-level of customer service.
- Ability to function effectively at both the strategic and operational levels and to understand the role of the Registrar’s Office in relation to the College and its mission.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; strong planning and organizational skills.
This is a full-time 12-month administrative position; salary commensurate with experience and qualifications; the position reports to the Provost and Dean of the College. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States as of the expected hire date and throughout the date of the contract without sponsorship from Knox College.
To apply please complete the Knox College Employment Application by clicking on Apply Now below. Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. Finalists will be subject to a background check.
Knox College is a nationally ranked, private, residential liberal arts college of 1,400 students from 48 states and 51 countries. Founded in 1837 by social reformers strongly opposed to slavery, Knox was one of the first colleges in the United States open to all, regardless of race, gender, or financial means. The College recruits a national and international pool of high ability students and stands out among its peers for the inclusion of first-generation, international, and students of color, in a culturally rich and vibrant campus community.
For more information about Knox College, please visit www.knox.edu/about-knox.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Knox College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religion or religious affiliation, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in admission, financial aid, employment, athletics, or any other aspect of its educational programs or activities. Any inquiries regarding Title IX or the College’s policies that prohibit discrimination should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.