Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Date: May 6, 2019
Title: Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Description: Hartwick College (NCAA Division III and Empire 8 member institution) is accepting applications for the position of Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, 10-month position. Working in the primary capacity of an educator, the head coach enhances the student experience and satisfaction as well as raise the College’s image and reputation through a competitive athletic program. This position works to improve the student’s personal and teamwork skills and provide education, guidance, assessment and encouragement. This position publicizes Hartwick College through positive local and campus communities as well as regionally and/or nationally. This position is important to the recruitment and retention of students in accordance with college and academic standards.
- Oversee and lead the operations of a collegiate athletic team, including instructing scholar-athletes on the rules, fundamentals, regulations, equipment, strategies and techniques of the sport by designing instructions for individual student-athletes and team needs.
- Assess player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and track athletic performance of students.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence, innovation and diversity by building healthy relationships with the students, responding to their concerns, advising students both personally and academically to contribute to their personal growth and academic success.
- Recruit qualified students in accordance with College standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics, including teaching PHED skill courses and/or PE coaching courses.
- Community Service.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external constituents.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Other department expectations include the following:
- As a college administrator, this person is expected to comport him/herself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Comply with all Federal, State, local, NCAA, Empire 8 Conference, College, and department regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches.
- General office work (email, database management, phone calls, etc.)
- Create budget, order supplies following proper protocol, and stay within defined budget parameters.
- Be a positive member of the department by supporting other programs and find ways to be involved for the betterment of the department and College (i.e., attend Code Blue events, volunteer for special department events).
- Service to the Hartwick community through committee work and/or service to National organizations through committee work (i.e., Department committees, NCAA, Coaching Associations).
- Attend important College functions (i.e., State of the College Address, Assessment Forum, and Conversations with the President).
- Participate in significant campus activities including Commencement Weekend.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Master’s preferred) with between 3 and 5 years of experience in an assistant or head coach position. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective teaching methods and be able to provide academic guidance and mentoring to scholar-athletes. The candidate should possess excellent leadership, role modeling, organizational, interpersonal, time management, and written and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task and handle a job with a daily change of pace; supervisory skills a plus. General computer skills required including Microsoft software (Word, Office, Excel, etc.). Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of NCAA regulations and be up to date with safety, rules and regulations and proper certifications. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College. Certification in CPR and First Aid required.