Student Success Specialist
Date: July 1, 2019
Title: Student Success Specialist
- Develop the curriculum, teach multiple sections and assess the effectiveness of Success Strategies 101 and J-Term Jump Start; train and support additional instructors and peer leaders.
- Plan and implement all student communications about probation program requirements.
- Provide coaching to a caseload of probation students and coordinates coaching for all students on probation. This includes training other coaches and tracking of coaching activities.
- Conduct outreach and intervention for at-risk students; manage support for students identified through early alerts and grade reports; participate in CSS and Registrar efforts to encourage registration for students who miss their registration periods.
- Maintain current knowledge of theories and best practices for supporting student success.
- Participate in significant campus activities, such as open houses, Honors Convocation, and Commencement Weekend.
- Maintain good customer service standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college, university, or technical school with at 1-3 years’ of experience.
- Experience with individual coaching or counseling of students (high school or college).
- Knowledge of best practices in student retention and success.
- Ability to work in partnership with colleagues and faculty.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel; and Google Drive/Documents.
- Clean driving record with a valid driver’s license.