Date: April 16, 2019
Title: Assistant Registrar
Description: Reporting to the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar is the main source of communication for the Registrar’s Office, maintaining the Registrar’s Office web site and other communication tools, sending informational emails to students and faculty, coordinating all Registrar’s Office training sessions, greeting all walk in visitors, monitoring emails and answering the main office phone. In addition, the Assistant Registrar oversees and coordinates a diverse body of work including producing the College Catalog, overseeing the Junior and Senior review processes, coordinating the Recruit Back process for non-registered current students, overseeing transfer credit evaluations for all students, overseeing the Academic Course Planner and coordinating the new student course registration process. The Assistant Registrar also processes all transcript requests, assists with coordination of writing and math level processing, coordinates term check-in/directory verification, maintains student demographic data, assists with course registration activities, processes major and minor changes, assists with data reports and data quality assurance, and maintains all materials accessed by Registrar’s Office customers.
- Process transfer credit evaluations, working with department chairs and the Registrar as needed
- Coordinate entire transcript production process, including working with external vendor, archivist and other campus constituencies
- Maintain Registrar reference guides, web site, forms and main office calendar, including publication to web site and other sources designed to inform the campus
- Assist with course registration activities, including advising students on processes and policies, troubleshooting issues and referring as appropriate. Work with the Advising office to coordinate new student registration and oversee the Academic Course Planner process
- Oversee the Recruit Back process for students, coordinating with all relevant campus constituencies to ensure students are being provided with the highest quality of service and ensuring they are making choices based on the best information possible.
- Coordinate all aspects of College Catalog production
- Coordinate all office communications, including but not limited to, emails and all-campus emails from Registrar email account, including posting deadlines and events on Wire, Hartlink and other areas frequented by our customers and notifying students of academic record changes (transfer credit, CAS decisions, special registrations, etc.), and assist with faculty and student trainings
- Answer main Registrar Office phone line, monitor email to main Registrar account and work with walk in customers to provide effective customer service
- Coordinate the Senior and Junior student review process, including working with students in deficit situations to develop plans for degree completion
- Coordinate term check-in/directory verification process
- Assist with course scheduling, enrollment and degree verification
- Maintain writing and math levels, and process major and minor changes for students
- Perform various data analysis tasks as assigned, including downloading and analyzing data for seat projections, student demographic reports and recruit back trends
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college, university or technical school with at least 3 years of experience working in an environment that deals with confidential information, preferably a Registrar’s Office. Extensive experience working in a student information system, creating reports and analyzing data, using spreadsheets and word processing software, maintaining a web site using CMS software, maintaining written documents and forms, sending mass emails and developing and maintaining workflows for various projects. Experience positively communicating with a diverse population using a variety of methods, including phone, email and in person is a must.