Date: May 30, 2019
Title: Events Assistant
Description: The Events Assistant reports to the Alumni Engagement Officer. Successful events will serve to further strategic fundraising and stewardship objectives by cultivating current and prospective donors. The Events Assistant provides advanced, active and independent logistic support for college advancement programs. Performing a number of complex and diverse duties, the Events Assistant will be a primary contact for institutional and outside vendors, play a key role in project management, track expenses, manage logistics and support outreach for college advancement events designed to cultivate and steward current and future donors. The Events Assistant will have a front facing role with our alumnae/i community; responding to communications both on the phone and through email and will interface with other departments and offices in support of special and institutional events. The Events Assistant will collaborate with all areas within college advancement and other campus stakeholders.
- Supervise all aspects of current college advancement events, as well as create and manage new events that help cultivate and engage existing and new donors under the direction of the Alumni Engagement Officer and the Assistant Vice President for Development and/or the Vice President for College Advancement
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with alumni and donors to leverage their personal and corporate contacts to secure financial support for events
- Work closely with the Advancement Communications team to ensure that all special events materials (both print and online) are consistent, compelling and effectively support Hartwick’s fundraising and stewardship efforts
- Manage budgets for events and activities and ensure that event related revenue and expense targets are met
- Closely monitor the events calendar with a detailed timeline for each event; share event status and information with all stakeholders
- Oversee and coordinate services for events, such as: accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, name tags, audio/video, special needs requirements and event security.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external constituents
- Occasional staffing of comprehensive campus events (True Blue, Commencement, etc.) during evenings and on weekends
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position include a high school diploma or GED, with 1-3 years’ experience in a related position or field. A college degree is preferred. Position requires a valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the College.
- Detail oriented
- Experience working with confidential information
- Experience with and willingness to place a focus on constituent service
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows-based computer software and Adobe Acrobat Professional required. Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Office, Access and Power Point), Google web-based applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Budget management experience is a plus