Development Assistant for Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations
Date: May 30, 2019
Title: Development Assistant for Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations
Description: The Development Assistant for Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations provides administrative, research, and writing support to the Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations (CFGR). The Development Assistant also performs post-award grant administration (such as federal time and effort reporting) in support of the sponsored research function of the CFGR Office.
- Assist in document preparation including outlines, drafts and editing.
- Assist in the submission of grant applications and proposals including assembling of supporting documents, mailing or online submission of application packages, and maintenance of complete paper and electronic files.
- Maintain up-to-date copies of supporting documentation i.e. audited financial reports, annual budgets, board lists, etc.
- Assist in grant research using the Foundation Directory Online and other grant databases.
- Provide timely quality customer service to faculty and project directors.
Post-Award Grant Administration
- Review all grant, sub-award, and contract documents.
- Process grants and contracts, obtain signatures, and submit all necessary forms for award acceptance.
- Communicate with internal administrative offices regarding financial, human resource, and administrative issues related to grants; obtain account numbers for grant-funded projects.
- Summarize agency terms and conditions for grants, sub-awards, and contracts and prepare internal grant administration documents for all awards.
- Conduct meetings with all Principal Investigators (PI) and Project Directors (PD) to review grant administration, including detailed information on reporting requirements, account numbers, policies and procedures, and compliance matters, etc.
- Track grant and contract sub-award status and with the Controller.
General Administrative Duties
- Maintain the website of the Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations, deadline calendars, and newsletter/communications with faculty.
- Assist in maintaining tracking reports, grant statistics, internal reports (including using Datatel and generating Informer reports), and all grant-related paper and electronic filing systems.
- Assist in monitoring budgets, including overseeing purchasing, travel, and reimbursement.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Recent Hartwick graduates are encouraged to apply. One to three years’ experience is preferred.
Candidate must have experience with standard office equipment; demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, WordPress or other web design software, Datatel or other database system, Google Chrome including G-Mail, calendar and task functions, online databases and search engines, digital camera, and copier/scanner. Experience with proofreading and editing; budget preparation including proficiency with Excel; strong attention to detail, ability to follow guidelines and meet deadline is required. Candidate must have good interpersonal and customer service skills; organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and manage multiple projects.