Assistant Athletic Trainer
Date: December 7, 2018
Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Description: Hartwick College is seeking to fill two full-time Assistant Athletic Trainer positions. The College offers 19 sports at the NCAA Division III level including football. This is a 10-month, annually renewable position beginning when filled.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the head athletic trainer with management of Hartwick College’s comprehensive Sports Medicine program. They will assist with the provision of athletic training services including prevention, care, and rehabilitation; provide medical care during practices, home contests, and selected away competitions; assist with the supervision of student assistants; and work cooperatively with the team physician(s), Director of College Health Services, and coaches for the health and welfare of all student-athletes participating on the College’s sanctioned athletic teams.
The position will also include responsibilities teaching the Sports Health and Responding to Emergency & CPR class in the College’s physical education program.
This position will also include additional responsibilities as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and/or Director of Athletics.
- Master’s Degree – Master of Education, Master of Science
- Collegiate Athletic Training Experience
- College Teaching Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- First-Aid and Professional Rescuer CPR/AED certified
- NYS Athletic Trainer licensure or eligible.
- Professional Strength and Conditioning certification preferred. (CSCS preferred)
- First-Aid/CPR instructor certification preferred. (American Red Cross preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College.
Candidates should possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, and both written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be a role model and leader while in the Athletic Training areas. The ability to multitask and handle a job with ongoing daily changes and basic supervisory skills a plus. General computer skills required including Microsoft software (Word, Office, Excel, etc.). Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of NCAA regulations as they relate to sports medicine.Assistant Cross Country/Track Coach
Date: March 28, 2019
Title: Assistant Cross Country/Track Coach
Description: Hartwick College (a NCAA Division III institution and member of the Empire 8) is accepting applications for a full-time, 9-month assistant coach for its cross country/track program. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all facets of a competitive NCAA athletic program including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified scholar-athletes, meet-day preparation, practice implementation, support for the head coach and program, team management, community service projects, and fundraising. This position will also include other assignment(s) by the Director of Athletics. Position responsibilities must be completed in accordance with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, College, Empire 8, NCAA, and other related association rules and regulations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and experience coaching and/or playing at the college or equivalent level required. The successful candidate must possess computer skills, recruiting capabilities, leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills and must be knowledgeable of NCAA Division III rules and regulations. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College. The ideal candidate will have a background in multiple track specialties.Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
Date: May 20, 2019
Title: Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
Description: Hartwick College an NCAA Division III institution and member of the Empire 8 is accepting applications for a full-time, 9-month assistant coach for its men’s basketball program. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all facets of a competitive NCAA athletic program including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified scholar-athletes, game-day preparation, practice implementation, support for the head coach and program, team management, community service projects, and fundraising. This position will also include other assignment(s) by the Director of Athletics. Position responsibilities must be completed in accordance with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, College, Empire 8, NCAA, and other related association rules and regulations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and experience coaching and/or playing at the college or equivalent level required. The successful candidate must possess computer skills, recruiting capabilities, leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills and must be knowledgeable of NCAA Division III rules and regulations. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College.Assistant to the President
Date: May 9, 2019
Title: Assistant to the President
Description The Assistant will support the President, President’s Office and the College by serving as the first contact for many on and off-campus inquiries. The Assistant will work cooperatively with the Senior Assistant to the President in performing duties that provide confidential direct support for the President, the Senior Assistant, and many offices around the College. The Assistant must be able to meet deadlines and function both as an effective team player and independently in a demanding environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. This position requires a seasoned professional who possesses excellent communication, customer service, and budget management skills.
- Oversight of the President’s Office budget
- Track expenditures
- Work with finance on requisitions and purchases; make suggestions and research on budgetary expenses
- Manage the expense reports of the President and Senior Assistant
- Answer the telephone and greet visitors who have business with the College in general or with the President’s Office specifically.
- Work collaboratively with the senior assistant to cover Thornwood when needed.
- Administrative support of Board Meetings, Commencement, Opening Convocation, Matriculation and Inaugurations
- Procure regalia, hoods and honorary degrees as needed
- Budget support
- Physical assistance during events
- Data entry of IAContact reports from IAContacts email
- Assist in the execution of mailings for major campus events
- Transcribe President’s dictations; input of dictations and correspondence for the President into Datatel
- Assess the nature of each inquiry and make independent decisions on whether an issue should be brought to the attention of the President, the Senior Assistant, or to another campus office in order to assure timely and complete customer service.
- Effective communication and relationships with other offices on Campus, donors, board members, governmental representatives and other constituents.
- Coordinate an effective and efficient work environment within the President’s Office and across the College through communication that is both accurate and clear, and by using excellent judgement in decision-making about when communication is necessary or can benefit the work of the President’s Office and/or the College.
- Manage daily functions of the office, including inventory, filing and maintenance.
- Provide support to the senior assistant as assigned.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Budgeting, marketing, and general promotion for campus rentals and the summer rentals program. Responsibilities include:
- Management of the budget, processing payments, tracking of payments and billing, processing refunds and return of security deposits, payments for workers and summer help, and all expenses.
- Responsible for the marketing and promotion of rental opportunities including the website, all online marketing, coordination with third-party vendors, vetting marketing opportunities and aligning with the overall vision for the project.
- Work collaboratively with the various divisions on campus to successfully execute all events, summer camps, meetings, etc. to fulfill the needs of the client, and work within the current structure and existing programs.
- Work in collaboration with Aramark Catering and Aramark Facilities for successful oversight and turnover of space on campus and event-related requests.
- Maintain a calendar for common space rentals.
- Work collaboratively with the onsite manager on the execution of all events.
- Work with the onsite manager to coordinate tours, process requests for quotes and be the main point of contact for all incoming queries.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with at least five years’ of administrative experience. Event planning and coordination experience is a plus.
The Assistant must have excellent expressive and receptive communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and competently. Budget management and analysis skills are required. The position requires independent judgement and decision-making skills. Requires competence with electronic office tools, proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Datatel is a plus. Basic research skills, including the ability to collect information from internet-based sources are necessary. Must have the ability to multi-task. Personal integrity and the ability to protect the confidentiality of information is required.