Pool Position - Food Services Substitute
Title:Pool Position - Food Services Substitute FT/PT/Pooled:Part-time Req #:K1710013 Job Category:Other Position Description:
Under direction of the Child Care Center Director, performs a variety of food service tasks, including planning, preparing, cooking and serving a wide range of simple to moderately complex food items, meals and dishes.
You will only be notified of your status if a need to fill this temporary position arises.Essential Duties:
- Prepare, cook, and serve a variety of foods for children in a cafeteria or sit down setting
- Operate standard and large kitchen appliances and equipment such as electric/ gas/ microwave ovens, grills, electric mixers, and slicers
- Serve food to children
- Wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils and do general clean up tasks in the kitchen and child care center areas
- Maintain inventory, store food, equipment, utensils and other supplies
- Assist in training and supervising other classified and student workers in cooking and related preparation and clean up tasks
- Assist other food service employees in preparing and serving of food items
- Set up and breakdown the serving counter area
- Maintain safety, health and sanitation standards
- Lead person or assist in planning daily/weekly menu, ordering food and supplies, including picking them up from local vendors
- Report, in a timely manner and according to established procedure, all safety and sanitation problems to the supervisor
- Keep accurate records of food requirements required by the State of California
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Methods of quantity food preparation; kitchen sanitation and safety practices
- Basic nutrition principles
- Care and use of standard and large food service appliances, equipment and utensils
- Methods of computing food quantities required by menus.
- Preparing and cooking a variety of food items including the more complex dishes
- Operating standard and large food service appliances, equipment and utensils
- Reading and writing at a level necessary for successful job performance
- Following and giving oral and written directions
- Performing applicable mathematic calculations; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Primarily indoor work environment: kitchen, snack bar, food service area.
- Environment contains stove and appliances
- Moderate to heavy lifting, carrying and pulling of objects up to approximately 50 lbs
- Frequent standing, walking, squatting and bending.
This position is primarily in an indoor working environment.Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years of commercial cooking experience AND formal or informal training in quantity food preparation and kitchen maintenance
- OR any combination of sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license; evidence of a satisfactory driving record.
- Additional certificates may be required by special funded program regulations and/or local and State public health agencies.