Writing Center Coordinator
Position Title: Writing Center Coordinator
Position Number: 20073
Division: Academic Affairs
Recruitment Pool: Open to General Public
Position Type: Full-Time, Salaried/Staff
Posting Date: January 29, 2019
Closing Date: Open until Filled
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Department of English at Claflin University seeks an innovative and energetic full-time Writing Center Coordinator who will provide writing services to students with writing needs. The coordinator will serve as the primary administrator, assist with First-Year composition instruction, and participate in the training of paid undergraduate peer consultants. He or she should have an understanding of the day-to-day tasks of working in a Writing Center.
· Managing operations of the Writing Center;
· Monitoring targeted academic resources such as tutoring and computer-assisted remediation;
· Preparing outcomes assessment to further develop center offerings; set goals and objectives, which support the University’s strategic plan;
· Creating, implementing and delivering seminars, workshops and other programs to meet the needs of students and faculty;
· Collaborating with academic departments and other units to design, execute and improve center offerings;
· Overseeing promotional material development and center communications utilizing various media formats;
· Preparing analytical and statistical reports for institutional assessment;
· Managing peer consultants and department budget;
· Seeking additional funding by identifying new revenue sources and grants; and
· Performing related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will hold an M.A. in English. A concentration in composition and rhetoric is preferred.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please send letter of application, vita, and unofficial transcripts. Electronic submission preferred.
Dr. Isaiah McGee
Dean, School of Humanities and Social Sciences
400 Magnolia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer