Short-Term Worker - Bookstore Pool
Location: Chaffey College Campuses (Rancho, Fontana, Chino)
Start Date: To be determined
Hourly Rate: To be determined
Working Hours: Hours will vary
- Operates a cash register or similar Point of Sales system to process in person and on-line transactions.
- Provides for an overall clean, friendly, and welcome environment for all visitors.
- Sorts and distributes mail; answers phones; assists customers in finding merchandise; greets visitors.
- Uses a variety of office equipment including desktop computer, laptop, tablet, printer, document imager, calculator, and copy machines.
- Merchandise items
- Helps transport goods between store locations by hand or with the use of a dolly, cart, or vehicle.
- Organizes, sorts, counts, and stocks store goods.
- Assists in the preparation of various departmental forms.
- Assists in the data entry, filing, and general organization.
- Maintains files needed for back-up and/or in accordance with operational requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently in a very busy retail environment
- Ability to accurately count cash and operate a cash register.
- Ability to consistently display superior customer service in all situations.
- Proficient working knowledge of various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize workload; and perform clerical tasks within defined deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and judgment in working independently while recognizing matters that should be referred to supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, administrators, faculty, students, and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
Application must be filled out completely and in detail using the Chaffey College Online Application website. Please do not include any additional documents other than an optional resume. For additional information, please contact the Office of Human Resources, (909) 652-6528 or (909) 652-6525.