Short-Term Worker - Maintenance Worker
Location: Chaffey College Campuses (Rancho, Fontana, Chino)
Start Date: To be determined
Hourly Rate: $22.00
Working Hours: Monday – Friday; 7:00am – 4:00pm
Under supervision, this position performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair work on campus facilities and vehicles at the semi-skilled level.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Replaces and repairs plumbing fixtures;
- Changes out air conditioning filters;
- Hangs and repairs doors;
- Repairs and assembles furniture;
- Adjusts automatic openers;
- Installs and rekeys locks; makes keys;
- Builds and repairs items of wood such as partitions, counters, cabinets, shelves, frame and scaffolds;
- Paints interior and exterior surfaces of buildings; scrapes and sands surfaces; repairs plaster and other wall surfaces;
- Coordinates work with an assists maintenance workers as required;
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment (light bulbs, florescent tubes, plug switches, etc.);
- Repairs/replaces 120 and 277 volt receptacles, switches, light ballasts, etc.;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Experience in general maintenance and repair of plumbing, electrical systems, painting and/or locksmithing;
- Ability to follow oral and written directions, work independently, and maintain effective working relationships.
Scheduling and Other Requirements
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License may be required.
- Ability to pass functional capacity test (physical agility exam) may be required.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Human Resources, (909) 652-6528 or (909) 652-6525.