Adjunct Instructor - Dental Hygiene, Clinical (Supervising Dentist)
Temporary, part-time faculty assignment(s) are available as follows:
Spring and Summer 2019:
- Supervision of Clinical Dental Hygiene courses
- Any bachelor's degree or higher AND two (2) years of professional experience, OR
- Any associate degree AND six (6) years of professional experience OR
- Equivalent OR
- Possess a lifetime California Community College Instructor credential in subject area
- Currency and depth of knowledge in the applicable professional field.
- Knowledge of and commitment to teaching strategies and practices that enhance student success at community colleges, including effective use of technology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the courses or perform the duties effectively as described above.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with students of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds; gender identities, sexual orientations; and students with disabilities.
- Evidence of professional activities and service beyond the primary teaching assignment.
- Development and review of curriculum as well as including assessment of learning
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Active California Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
- Dental Hygiene Educational Methodology coursework within the last two years
Equivalency to an academic degree shall include the same depth of knowledge in the discipline and breadth of general education that is required for the degree to meet the minimum qualifications. Equivalent preparation for employment shall be considered under any one category or any combination of the categories listed below:
- Degree in related field with equivalent course work in the required discipline as indicated by transcripts and/or thesis subject.
- Equivalent degrees from foreign universities (as determined by a reputable foreign educational credential evaluation service).
- Course work at an accredited institution of higher education AND state-approved continuing education units applicable for maintaining licensure AND/OR an internship for licensure AND/OR equivalent professional or work experience AND/OR equivalent verifiable accomplishments of eminence in the discipline including but not limited to: publications, research, seminars, creative works, professional performances or exhibitions, honors or awards.
$1,221 - $1,873 per teaching unit, per semester, depending on education and experience. Cabrillo College provides a doctoral stipend of $82 per unit for eligible adjunct faculty. Assignments may be at various campus locations; days, evenings, and/or weekends; hours to be arranged.
EACH APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed online Cabrillo College application.
- Job-related resume detailing teaching and work experience.
- At least one (1) recent letter of recommendation that addresses the candidate's teaching ability. Please note verification of employment, evaluations, or lists of references cannot be submitted in lieu of attached letters of recommendation, and such letters need not be confidential nor from a supervisor; they need only address the candidate's ability to perform the duties as listed in this job bulletin.
- Verification of educational qualifications (Foreign transcripts must be translated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. Any fee for such translations is paid by the applicant):
- Transcripts from all colleges attended showing degree conferred, if applicable (unofficial transcripts, copies, and downloads are acceptable). Please note diplomas are not accepted in place of college transcripts. If selected, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts, diplomas, degrees or other documents as required. OR
- Copy of lifetime California Community College Instructor credential in subject area, front and back (if applicable). OR
- Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination (Download PDF reader). (This is only necessary if candidate does not possess and submit proof of specified degrees listed in minimum qualifications OR possess and submit copy of a valid lifetime credential).
- Copy of active Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) license
- Copy of current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces noting "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: social security number, birth date, age, gender, birth place and personal photos.
A search committee will review application materials. On the basis of appraisal of qualifications as documented by application materials submitted, the search committee will invite applicants for interview (a teaching demonstration may be part of the interview). If the candidate does NOT possess an applicable community college credential or the specific degree(s) in order to meet state minimum qualifications, then he/she MUST provide evidence of equivalency as described under "Equivalency Requirements."
Candidates selected for employment with Cabrillo College must agree to be fingerprinted and cleared, provide current tuberculosis test results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and present their Social Security card upon hire.
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.