Instructor for ESL – Continuing Education/Health Professions (Part-time Position)
Part TimeBergen Community CollegePosted 9 months ago
The Part-Time Instructor (ESL- CE/Health Professions) will plan and facilitate ESL lessons designed to train English Language learners in professional workplace acumen and foundational healthcare knowledge. Ideal candidates will have experience working in the healthcare industry and teaching adult ESL students. This position reports to the Associate Dean of CE/Health Professions and works collaboratively with CE staff as required to ensure student performance is monitored and reported.Qualifications:
- Provides student-centered course instruction utilizing varied delivery methods to support Uses knowledge of diverse learning styles and language communities.
• Creates a learning environment conducive to language acquisition.
• Designs and implements learning activities and assessments to demonstrate student growth in alignment with the course syllabus.
• Maintains accurate course records and documents student progress toward achieving learning objectives.
• Utilizes technology to facilitate learning and to maintain records.
• Designs and supports learning experiences that address students’ unique strengths and needs.
• Adheres to college policies regarding classroom assignments.
• Serves as a role model of good written and oral communication skills, and good time management skills.
All interested candidates should send the following materials by e-mail with the job code: PT-ESL CE/HP in the subject line to: [email protected] To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by January 4, 2019.
• Letter of intent (including the job code PT- ESL CE/HP)
• Three professional references with current contact information
• One-page lesson plan that describes one hour of coursework facilitation for a healthcare topic
of your choice.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]