Student Employee - Orientation Welcome Leader – New Student Orientation
Orientation Welcome Leaders, known as OWLs, are trained student leaders who will help introduce new students to various programs, resources, academic services, and opportunities that make WCTC education a lifetime learning experience.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
Orientation Welcome Leaders will provide guidance and information during our NSO sessions. Student leaders will assist with:
- Set-up, check-in, break-down, dismissal
- Assemble and prepare NSO material
- Lead and facilitate Campus tours
- Assist advisors with registration when needed
- Assist with Student Government Association campus activities
- Plan and assist Welcome Week activities
While there is no set list of traits that combine to make the perfect OWL, there are some qualities we do look for: hard working, outgoing, a leader, team player, positive, energetic and most of all, dedicated to WCTC.
Interested students must:
- Have completed at least one (1) semester at WCTC or currently in their 1st semester
- Carry at least 6 credits
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Maintain good standing as defined by the Student Code of Conduct
- Must be available for 75% of the NSO sessions
Orientations are held throughout the year. A detailed schedule will be provided to every NSO session. Hours will be available for each semester.
Hours will vary up to 20 hours, Monday through Saturday.
Student employees may work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week while enrolled in classes and a maximum of 28 hours per week during non-class periods.
Student employees are not benefit eligible.
For a detailed description of responsibilities, cut and paste this hyperlink in your browser:
You may direct your questions to Stephanie McWilliams at 262-691-5228, [email protected].
Please click on the link below to be connected to TechConnect for more information: