Student Employee - Campus Ambassador
WCTC Campus Ambassadors help create an important connection to potential WCTC students and their guests by linking them with key resources as they share their student knowledge and experience. On a daily basis, Campus Ambassadors engage and support students and visitors by staffing the Welcome Center, RTA Information Center, working WCTC open houses, K-12 campus visits, tours, and other outreach events. Because Campus Ambassadors play such an important role in representing the college, they must be able to demonstrate their leadership potential, show enthusiasm, be in good academic standing, and have a desire to promote WCTC both on and off campus.
Job functions vary based on the department that they are assigned to and the individual department needs. The Ambassador student employee performs the following functions (not limited to):
- Staff WCTC's Welcome Center and RTA Information Center
- Represent WCTC during Open Houses, K-12 campus visits, and other outreach events
- Lead campus tours (scheduled and drop-in)
- Assist with planning and implementing WCTC outreach events
- Participate on Campus panels
- Maintain and organize campus resources
- Other organizational, promotional and leadership duties as assigned
- Qualify for the Financial Aid Work Study program.
- Be a current WCTC student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA and commit to maintaining it during their service year.
- Have strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills that are engaging, positive and informative.
Student employees may work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week while enrolled in classes and a maximum of 28 hours per week during non-class periods.
This position has varying hours Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This position is funded by the Financial Aid Work Study program. Students will be compensated for training time and hours worked at a rate of $8.75 per hour.
Required application material includes:
- Financial Aid Work Study award
- Class Schedule
Contact Jennifer Henn with any questions at JHenn1@wctc.edu or 262-691-5419