Help Desk Specialist
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-26
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Help Desk Specialist to join the IT department.
The Help Desk Specialist responds to phone and email requests for technical support from over 4000 students and 700 faculty and staff members located throughout the country. The Help Desk Specialist uses their technical knowledge and analytical skills to diagnose and resolve client issues related to accessing and using our student facing and business office systems. The hours for this role will be Monday through Friday from 1pm to 9pm.
- Provide excellent customer service while responding to phone, email and walk-up requests from our students, staff, and faculty.
- Use technical, analytical and communication skills to accurately identify client needs and provide solutions.
- Meet problem resolution and issue management goals.
- Actively use and contribute to the solutions database.
- Log all appropriate activities in the tracking system in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Identify critical customer and system issues and escalate to the appropriate person or group using established procedures.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into user-friendly English.
- Proficiency with a variety of Windows operating systems and software including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, MS Office, Outlook and multiple browsers.
- Proficiency with Macintosh operating systems and software including Safari and MS Office and Outlook for Macintosh
- Knowledge of networking concepts and the ability to troubleshoot network printing and wireless client issues.
- Ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, which may include evenings and/or weekends and peak periods including, but not limited to the beginning of each semester and service launch dates.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience required.
- 4-6 years of experience providing desktop support.
- MCSE or MCSA, or ACHDS certification preferred.
- Experience working in Higher Education is preferred.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.