Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-10-30
TCS Education System is seeking a Business Analyst to join the IT Applications department.
The Business Analyst works to improve overall operations efficiency and effectiveness in efforts to grow the organization. The BA applies strong analytical/problem solving skills to work with stakeholders to find what is really needed to improve work flow, data sharing, and reporting. Efforts include working to identify tasks that are consistent with overall organizational goals and then "solutioning" for the best path to take given new technologies and capabilities. This further means working with stakeholders to ensure smooth interactions between parties involved and the documentation of functional, non-functional, and transitional requirements. This is followed through work to include execution that ensures proper implementation of efforts with ongoing monitoring so they remain consistent with overall goals.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways
- Demonstrates expertise in functional area business processes and understands assigned and cross-functional areas.
- Independently initiates, identifies and coordinates the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models, innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated process systems.
- Coordinates the development of comprehensive business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Acts as project lead in the coordination of solution development and the implementation of the final product/service.
- Acts as a liaison between business clients and technical staff and/or with development staff throughout the development life cycle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
- Experience education industry a plus
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce, Dynamics 365 preferred).
- Experience with Document Imaging system a plus.
- Strong understanding of technical support processes and troubleshooting.
- Strong customer relations background.
- Experience with SQL a plus.
- BA/BS in related field
- Two to three years of CRM support
- Three to five years of systems support or business analysis
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.