Title:Photographer/Videographer (PT) Department:Enrollment Management Job Category:Staff Regular/Temporary:Regular Salary:$13 p/h Open Date:10/16/2017 Description:
- Represent and document the SGSC brand through photo shoots, documentary/promotional photography and lifestyle video coverage
- Adhere to specifications, due dates and timelines for all projects
- Keep accurate, detailed notes to identify subjects in photographs and ensure every image file has proper photography/videography release forms signed
- Works flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, as needed
- Utilize creativity as well as knowledge of lighting, composition, camera/lens combination, and editing software such as: Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photo Mechanic. (Added from above.)
- Select the appropriate camera angles, picture composition, filtering, lighting, or other treatment necessary to produce a desired message or special effect.
- Work efficiently with others.
- Maintain favorable public relations with collection donors and repository management.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Digital imaging technology, techniques, methods and formats.
- Equipment, tools, and supplies used in the taking, processing, enhancing, and use of photographs including various cameras/lenses, image processing software and types of lighting.
- Copyright regulations and privacy laws.
- Photographic materials, techniques, and media.
- Theory and techniques of modern photography.
- The need for and the use of the photographic medium in varying technical fields, legal purposes, and training presentations.Photographic techniques to produce varying effects and messages.
- Uses and effects of various types of lighting and methods.
- Processes and software used in image correction and printing.
- Choose proper settings on cameras and photographic processing equipment in order to obtain intended effects and select the appropriate camera angles, picture composition, filtering, lighting, or other treatment necessary to produce a desired message or special effect.Work creatively under the pressures of deadlines.
- Adjust focus, identify and distinguish between colors, judge distance and spatial relationships.
The Photographer/Videographer reports to the Marketing Coordinator.
Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects
- The work is typically performed in an office setting
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- The work consists of varied administrative and supervisory duties and coordination of primary functional areas
- Strict regulations and responsibilities related to department systems and applications contribute to the complexity of the position
- Associate’s degree required in closely related field
- Strong proficiency in shooting high-quality, cinematic video/b-roll preferred
- Strong photo/video editing skills
- 2 years of magazine, newspaper, event or similar editorial-style photographic experience
- 2-5 years of photography/videography experience in the field of higher education