Assistant Professor of Nursing (Douglas and Waycross Campus)
Title:Assistant Professor of Nursing (Douglas and Waycross Campus) Department:Nursing Job Category:Faculty Regular/Temporary:Regular Open Date:05/22/2018 Description:
- Teach 15 semester credit hours per semester / 30 semester credit hours for the academic year (tenure track faculty); 225 contact hours per semester / 450 contact hours per academic year.
- Meet each class as scheduled at the designated time and place and for the designated length of time.
- Maintain a minimum of ten office hours for student consultation per week, appropriate to the time and delivery method of the assigned courses (e.g.., evening, week-end, on-line, or off-campus) and post this information.
- At the beginning of each course, provide each student with a syllabus per the guidelines in the faculty handbook.
- Develop new courses and course materials as appropriate.
- Serve on committees, task forces, and other college-improvement activities.
- Attend and participate in all college-wide and appropriate School meetings.
- Support student activities and clubs.
- Participate in professional development activities on an on-going basis.
- Stay current in the teaching discipline(s) and the pedagogy of that discipline.
- Assist advisees with academic planning, scheduling, graduation, registration, and other appropriate academic issues.
- Submit correct proof rosters and grades in Banner by the assigned deadlines. Record daily attendance according to institutional policy.
- Submit assessment data to discipline committee chair in a timely manner.
- Comply with deadlines in submitting required reports to include but not be limited to annual reports for SGSC as well as reports for ACEN, Georgia Board of Nursing, and the Southern Association of Colleges Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE RQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Mastery of the teaching discipline.
- Ability to engage students in higher order learning.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Ability to align instruction with student learning outcomes.
- Adhere to institutional policies and procedures.
- Each faculty member reports to the appropriate Department Chair and School Dean.
- Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects
- The work is typically performed in an office setting
- The Functional Capacity Requirement Form for this position outlines the physical job requirements (attached)
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- The work consists of varied administrative and supervisory duties and coordination of primary functional areas
- Strict regulations and responsibilities related to department systems and applications contribute to the complexity of the position
- The completion of a Master’s of Science Degree in Nursing with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline
- Two years of Nursing teaching experience
- An unrestrictive license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia
- The Master’s of Science Degree in Nursing with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
- Two years of teaching experience
- Five years of clinical experience in the field of nursing