Part-Time Early Childhood/Special Education Instructors for ECE/SPED Program
Title:Part-Time Early Childhood/Special Education Instructors for ECE/SPED Program Department:School of Arts and Professional Studies Job Category:Faculty Regular/Temporary:Regular Open Date:12/14/2018 Description:
- Meet each class as scheduled at the designated time and place and for the designated length of time.
- May require travel to all SGSC campuses and sites
- Conduct office hours
- At the beginning of each course, provide each student with a syllabus per the guidelines in the faculty handbook.
- Maintain adequate records of student progress including posting mid-term grades in Banner
- Submit correct proof rosters and grades in Banner by the assigned deadlines. Record daily attendance according to institutional policy.
- Submit assessment data to discipline committee chair in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Mastery of the teaching discipline.
- Ability to engage students in higher order learning.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Ability to align instruction with student learning outcomes.
- Adhere to institutional policies and procedures.
Each part-time faculty member reports to the appropriate Department Chair and School Dean.
- Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects
- The work is typically performed in an office setting
- The Functional Capacity Requirement Form for this position outlines the physical job requirements (attached)
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- The work consists of varied administrative and supervisory duties and coordination of primary functional areas
- Strict regulations and responsibilities related to department systems and applications contribute to the complexity of the position
Required Qualifications:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The completion of a Master’s Degree plus 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
- Georgia teaching certificate preferred but not required
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential. Technology skills and good interpersonal skill are required.
- Three years teaching experience in a public-school K-5 setting