Lecturer of Health & Human Performance/Wellness Center Health Care Professional
Title:Lecturer of Health & Human Performance/Wellness Center Health Care Professional Department:Science & Mathematics Job Category:Faculty Regular/Temporary:Regular Open Date:08/29/2018 Description:
- Teach 3 or more credit hours per semester, as need and coaching schedules dictate.
- Meet each class as scheduled at the designated time and place and for the designated length of time.
- Maintain a minimum of ten office hours for student consultation per week, appropriate to the time and delivery method of the assigned courses (e.g.., evening, week-end, on-line, or off-campus) and post this information.
- Attend and participate in all college-wide and appropriate School meetings.
- Stay current in the teaching discipline(s) and the pedagogy of that discipline.
- Assist advisees with academic planning, scheduling, graduation, registration, and other appropriate academic issues.
- Submit correct proof rosters and grades in Banner by the assigned deadlines. Record daily attendance according to institutional policy.
- Develop overall physical fitness and injury prevention program for the College, including: injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, and educational programs.
- Provide services for the College’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled home competitions as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical needs.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual needs.
- Perform additional responsibility as assigned.
- Monitor athletic training area.
- .Recordkeeping and documentation.
- Mastery of the teaching discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Adhere to institutional policies and procedures.
- The ability to multi-task in a high stress environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with students, parents, administrators, faculty, and the general public.
- Knowledge of physical fitness and injury prevention principles and practices.
- Knowledge of performance management and learning and development.
- Knowledge of administrative management and planning.
- Skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the work of a fitness center.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Lecturer/Wellness Center Health Care Professional reports to the Dean of Student Success and Dean of the School of Sciences.
Guidelines include NJCAA rules and regulations, college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas.
- Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to create a successful physical fitness and injury prevention program.
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters.
PHYSICAL DEMDANS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching.
- The employee occasionally lifts light to heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office, fitness center and/or outdoors.
- The Functional Capacity Requirement Form for this position outlines the physical job requirements (attached).
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Athletic Training Room
- Degree in appropriate area of specialization.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)