Adjunct Instructor - Music
DescriptionAdjunct instructors are responsible for creating a positive learning and classroom teaching environment in accordance with the college goals, core values, core competencies, program outcomes and course outcomes. The role of the adjunct faculty member is grounded in teaching effectiveness. Examples of Duties
- Facilitate student learning by meeting with and teaching assigned classes in accordance with the college academic calendar and approved syllabi.
- Promote and support the value of diversity and cultural sensitivity in all aspects of learning and teaching.
- Maintain currency in the subjects taught and recommend curricular modifications accordingly.
- Use regular and occasional assessment data to monitor student learning and adjust teaching methods, accommodating student learning styles and helping them achieve course outcomes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the technology necessary for the subjects taught and for other college requirements.
- Maintain and report accurate attendance and scholastic records of students.
- Maintain licenses and certificates required for employment eligibility, if applicable.
- Participate in approved professional development activities for increasing professional competence in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Masters' degree, with a concentration in the discipline for AA; Master's degree preferred for AAS.
- Demonstrated command of the discipline or field of study
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use current applicable computer software and hardware.
- The standard rate is $670.00 per contact hour. The rate will vary for independent study courses.
- You must attach your resume and a copy of your transcripts.