Dental Hygiene Clinical Instructors: Dental Hygienist and Dentist Pool (part-time)
Applications are being accepted to establish a substitute list for clinical instructors, both dental hygienists and dentists, and to create a pool of qualified applicants for possible future part-time teaching positions within the Pierce College District's Dental Hygiene Program. All applications remain on file for one year from the submission date.
Salary is dependent upon assignment.
- Teach course(s)/lab(s)/clinic as assigned and as per the Dental Hygiene Faculty Handbook and Dental Hygiene Program Policy and Procedures.
- Perform full scope of skills as per the Washington State practice acts for the respective role.
- Bachelor's degree required for Dental Hygienists (or currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program) and an active, full, WA state dental hygiene license (Registered Dental Hygienist).
- For Dentists, a Doctorate Degree is required and an active, full, WA state dentist license (Registered Dentist).
- College level teaching experience preferred, but not required.
To be considered for this position, applicants must include the following items in their application package:
- Letter of formal application that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the assigned responsibilities (Cover Letter)
- Detailed curriculum vitae of all educational and professional experience, which includes a list of courses taught (Curriculum Vitae).
- Unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts that include degree received and confer date. International transcripts must include a foreign transcript evaluation. For a list of approved credential evaluation services visit: http://naces.org/members.htm. (Unofficial transcripts acceptable for application process; official transcripts required prior to hire) (Transcripts).
- A list of four current professional references with name, relationship to candidate, address, email address, and telephone number. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references (References).
- Upload (attachment) a brief statement that describes your teaching philosophy/style and addresses strategies used to engage a wide diversity of students; your use of outcomes assessment measures; your use of active learning techniques; and your use of presentation and alternative modes of delivery in the classroom, or, via web-based learning (Teaching Philosophy).
- Upload (attachment) a brief response to the following questions (Supplemental Questions):
Reasonable Accommodation:Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Conditions of Employment:
- Physical Work Environment: Work is performed in an instructional setting and requires the ability to communicate clearly. Work also includes the ability to use a personal computer.
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
For more information or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: [email protected].
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer