Adjunct Faculty Occupational Safety & Health Pool (part-time)
Applications are being accepted to create a pool of qualified applicants for possible future part-time teaching positions within the Pierce College District. All applications remain on file for one year from the submission date.
Lecture rate is $807.05 per credit hour.
- Teach course(s) as assigned.
- Conduct assigned classes in a manner that promotes student success and incorporates various teaching styles and technology.
- Be available to students before and after class, and
- Work effectively with colleagues and students of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Meet one of the following:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in the discipline required.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution from any discipline including 15 graduate semester credits in the discipline
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in any field
- Bachelor's degree in the discipline and 5 or more years' successful teaching in the discipline
- Relevant, current professional development, including recent observation by dean or coordinator and review by faculty with expertise in the discipline
- Meet professional/technical qualifications including a master's degree from an accredited institution in fields where they are readily available or a bachelor's degree and professional experience in the discipline field
- Must complete professional-technical faculty certification(for those teaching 2/3 full time load for more than equivalent of 3 quarters)
To be considered for this position, applicants must include the following items in their application package:
- Letter of formal application that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the assigned responsibilities (Cover Letter)
- Detailed curriculum vitae of all educational and professional experience, which includes a list of courses taught (Curriculum Vitae).
- Unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts that include degree received and confer date. International transcripts must include a foreign transcript evaluation. For a list of approved credential evaluation services visit: http://naces.org/members.htm. (Unofficial transcripts acceptable for application process; official transcripts required prior to hire) (Transcripts).
- A list of four current professional references with name, relationship to candidate, address, email address, and telephone number. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references (References).
- Upload (attachment) a brief statement that describes your teaching philosophy/style and addresses strategies used to engage a wide diversity of students; your use of outcomes assessment measures; your use of active learning techniques; and your use of presentation and alternative modes of delivery in the classroom, or, via web-based learning (Teaching Philosophy).
- Upload (attachment) a brief response to the following questions (Supplemental Questions):
Screening & Interview Process:Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Conditions of Employment:
- Physical Work Environment: Work is performed in an instructional setting and requires the ability to communicate clearly. Work also includes the ability to use a personal computer.
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
For more information or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: [email protected].
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer