Adjunct Faculty High School English Pool (part-time)
Applications are being accepted to create a pool of qualified applicants for possible future part-time teaching positions within the Pierce College District. All application materials remain on file for one year from the submission date.
Lecture rate is $807.05 per credit hour.
- Teach course(s) as assigned.
- Conduct assigned classes in a manner that promotes student success and incorporates various teaching styles and technology.
- Be available to students before and after class, and
- Work effectively with colleagues and students of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Manage student records to meet state requirements.
Application Requirements (Does Not Apply to Non-Credit Class Instruction):
To be considered for this position, applicants must include the following items in their application package:
- Letter of formal application that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the assigned responsibilities (Cover Letter)
- Detailed curriculum vitae of all educational and professional experience, which includes a list of courses taught (Curriculum Vitae).
- Unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts that include degree received and confer date. International transcripts must include a foreign transcript evaluation. For a list of approved credential evaluation services visit: http://naces.org/members.htm. (Unofficial transcripts acceptable for application process; official transcripts required prior to hire) (Transcripts).
- A list of four current professional references with name, relationship to candidate, address, email address, and telephone number. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references (References).
- Upload (attachment) a brief statement that describes your teaching philosophy/style and addresses strategies used to engage a wide diversity of students; your use of outcomes assessment measures; your use of active learning techniques; and your use of presentation and alternative modes of delivery in the classroom, or, via web-based learning (Teaching Philosophy).
- Upload (attachment) a brief response to the following questions (Supplemental Questions):
- What personal and professional work have you done in order to broaden your understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion?
- How have you infused equity, diversity and inclusion into your classroom to equip/motivate/inspire to effectively engage in a multicultural society?
- Pierce College has set a goal of closing gaps in degree/certificate completion for all student populations by 2020. How will you contribute to this effort?
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Conditions of Employment:
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices for all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
For more information or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: [email protected].
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer