Effective August 30, 2021, Pierce College will be a “fully vaccinated campus” under the state’s higher education guidance, which means that COVID-19 vaccination (or allowable exemption) will be required for all employees and students. More information can be found here: https://www.pierce.ctc.edu/vaccinated-campus.
Applications are being accepted to create a pool of qualified applicants for possible future part-time teaching positions within the Pierce College District. All applications remain on file for one year from the submission date.
Lecture rate is $957.83 per credit hour.
- Teach course(s) as assigned.
- Conduct assigned classes in a manner that promotes student success and incorporates various teaching styles and technology.
- Be available to students before and after class, and
- Work effectively with colleagues and students of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Meet one of the following:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in the discipline required.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution from any discipline including 15 graduate semester credits in the discipline
- Meet professional/technical qualifications including a master's degree from an accredited institution in fields where they are readily available or a bachelor's degree and professional experience in the discipline field
- Must complete professional-technical faculty certification(for those teaching 2/3 full time load for more than equivalent of 3 quarters)
Application Requirements (Does Not Apply to Non-Credit Class Instruction):
To be considered for this position, applicants must include the following items in their application package:
- Letter of formal application that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the assigned responsibilities (Cover Letter)
- Detailed curriculum vitae of all educational and professional experience, which includes a list of courses taught (Curriculum Vitae).
- Unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts that include degree received and confer date. International transcripts must include a foreign transcript evaluation. For a list of approved credential evaluation services visit: http://naces.org/members.htm. (Unofficial transcripts acceptable for application process; official transcripts required prior to hire) (Transcripts).
- A list of four current professional references with name, relationship to candidate, address, email address, and telephone number. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references (References).
- Upload (attachment) a brief statement that describes your teaching philosophy/style and addresses strategies used to engage a wide diversity of students; your use of outcomes assessment measures; your use of active learning techniques; and your use of presentation and alternative modes of delivery in the classroom, or, via web-based learning (Teaching Philosophy).
- Provide a brief response to the following questions (Supplemental Questions):
- What personal and professional work have you done in order to broaden your understanding of racial equity and how the intersections of multiple social and cultural identities impact your work and relationships with others?
- How have you infused equity and inclusion into your classroom in order for students to be challenged/motivated/inspired to contribute to an equitable society?
- Pierce College has set a goal of eliminating areas of inequity for all student populations. How will you contribute to this effort at the classroom, program, and institutional levels?
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Conditions of Employment:
- Physical Work Environment: Work is performed in an instructional setting and requires the ability to communicate clearly. Work also includes the ability to use a personal computer.
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices for all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
For more information or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: [email protected].
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer