Professional Trainer - Career Readiness/Job Finding Skills
This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur.
Invista Performance Solutions (IPS), a partnership of Northwest Colleges, seeks a Career Readiness/Job Finding Skills Professional Trainer. This position teaches career readiness and job finding skills. Instruction will target the skills required to position potential applicants for employment with an employer in the Greater Seattle/Tacoma area.
Invista Performance Solutions (IPS) is a collaboration of four Pierce County Community and Technical Colleges: Clover Park Technical College, Pierce College Fort Steilacoom, Pierce College Puyallup, and Tacoma Community College. We have new training opportunities and are seeking to hire an instructor with good presentation skills and knowledge of practices for delivery.
- Plans and organizes instruction using level specific materials and methodologies to include contextualized curriculum materials for career pathways in order to maximize student learning.
- Adjusts instructional strategies, when needed, to meet diverse student needs.
- Meet regularly with employer and vocational instructor to review student/employee progress and instructional needs.
- Collaborates with co-teachers throughout the semester to develop and modify team teaching models as necessary.
- Identifies challenges, makes referrals as necessary and advises students of next steps in their career pathway.
- Develops curriculum as needed.
- Learns and implements technology to enhance instruction.
- Acquires and maintains certification to administer all tests, analyze results, and document results, in a timely manner.
- Creates a system to maintain accurate records of student progress. Tracks, analyzes and maintains all required documentation (attendance, testing results, outcomes, releases and achievements, etc.) in student files and meets all submission deadlines and requirements as specified by Supervisor.
- Presents career and educational pathway information to qualifying students.
- Participates in scheduled In-Service training, staff meetings and professional development trainings and activities as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One year full time equivalent teaching experience.
- Experience with work-based learning models and/or teaching in a workplace basic skills environment.
- Bachelors degree or higher in adult education or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in team-based instructional approaches including integrated basic skills.
- Experience in academic advising of students.
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- Trainers must have transportation and be willing to travel to designated training locations in the Puget Sound area.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience teaching individuals from various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience developing curriculum which addresses cultural diversity.
- Commitment to innovative instructional approaches such as cross disciplinary or team teaching.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to inspire and assist adult learners gain competency in content area.
- Flexibility to adapt teaching to student learning styles.
- Skill in building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ethics and integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse population, both within and outside the college.
- Excellent customer service skills in person and over the phone.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning business and customer matters.
- Skill in using data and information to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form conclusions and make decisions.
To be considered for this position, please contact Invista Performance Solutions at [email protected] with your interest in providing services for our organization, your background, and your training/consulting expertise. See our website at www.invistaperforms.org for more information about our services.