Sr. Contract Specialist
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-25
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
Job Family: Financial
Job Function: Procurement
Job Title: Senior Contract Specialist
FLSA Status: ExemptGeneral Description:
Assists the Sourcing Director and Manager in obtaining the best pricing and achieving the best contract terms aligned with the University's needs and requirements. Performs complex professional and technical work consisting of contracting for procurement of diverse goods and services. Work includes requesting and reviewing proposals, negotiating pricing and terms, and recommending award of contracts.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify cost reduction opportunities in order to meet the University’s savings targets
- Manage contract projects to completion.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis to support sourcing decisions, contract negotiations and development.
- Bid or negotiate specific contracts as identified and assigned.
- Create executive summaries and launch package communications.
- Create/establish contracts for products and services.
- Ensure contracts are properly executed and archived.
- Ensure the Contract Management System is updated.
- Initiate the item load process.
- Analyze contract information for important changes and trends.
- Prepares timely and accurate materials for presentation to VAT meetings.
- Apply strategic and logical thinking to business situations
- Work with Purchasing to support contract compliance and supplier performance management.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
- Understanding of University goals and operations.
- Ability to analyze and revise complex documents.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Proficiency with microcomputer applications. Microsoft Office software required.
- Professional presentation a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in managing multiple and diverse stakeholder groups
- Exceptional relationship management skills to effectively execute strategic solutions with senior stakeholders and key suppliers
- Ability to review and analyze key external trends and influences from a wide range of information used to support the development of sourcing plans
- Change management experience and delivery.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Management or related field required.
- Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), or Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) preferred.
- Three years’ related experience and Bachelor’s degree
- Experience negotiating healthcare equipment and supply purchases and agreements is strongly preferred.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c106