Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology- Professor
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-12-13
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
An Assistant/Associate/Professor (open rank) in the Tenure Track will complement existing research strengths at the Medical School and within the Department with a focus on tumor biology. Duties will also include teaching and training of graduate and medical students as well as participation in committee and administrative activities that further the Medical School’s education and research missions.
A new faculty member is expected to:
- Establish a well-funded, active biomedical research laboratory;
- Maintain a consistent record of publications in high-quality peer-reviewed biomedical journals;
- Collaborate with University scientists and research programs;
- Contribute to the Department’s teaching and research duties by:
- Teaching courses in the Medical School and Pharmacology curriculum to graduate and medical students
- Participating in the Departmental Seminar Series
- Mentoring students and postdoctoral fellows
- Serving on thesis and dissertation committees
- Contribute to the Department’s and the School’s visibility and standing by:
- Presenting research at National and International Scientific Meetings
- Serving on Study Sections and Review Committees
- Serving on Editorial Boards
- Serving on Departmental and University committees
- Ph.D. and/or M.D.
- Preferred biomedical research background in tumor biology with a strong computational focus.
- An established record of research excellence
- An established record of publications in high-quality peer-reviewed biomedical journals
- Two or more years of Postdoctoral training
Applicants must apply online along with CV.The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.