Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Baylor University invites applicants for a post-doctoral research associate to participate in research on two-dimensional (2D) materials. The successful candidate will join our research program led by Prof. Jonathan Hu in the Department Electrical and Computer Engineering and Prof. Zhenrong Zhang in the Department of Physics. The successful applicant will work with a group of interdisciplinary scientists on theoretical and experimental research projects in emerging areas on plasmonic photocatalysis, tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy, plasmonic devices, nanophotonics, and theoretical/computational materials science. For more information, please visit www.jonathanhu.org and blogs.baylor.edu/zhenrong_zhang. Salaries are competitive at a national level. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, a CV with publications, and a research statement (within 2 pages), the names and contact information for at least three professional references, to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- PhD in engineering, physics, material sciences, or chemistry
- Research experience in plasmonic materials
- Experience in optical spectroscopy
- Strong experimental skills in nanofabrication and free-space optics
- Highly motivated to perform excellent research.
Facilities include labs in the Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative (BRIC), a newly-established research park and in the 508,000 square feet Baylor Sciences Building (BSB).
The Baylor Experience
- Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
About Baylor University
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally-ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas, Baylor University is the oldest university in Texas. Baylor offers over 40 doctoral programs and has almost 17,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries. Baylor University ranked 78 in the 2019 edition of Best Colleges among National Universities by U.S. News & World Report.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.