Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Culinary Arts
Nicolet College seeks qualified Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructors to provide classroom and/or lab instruction in a variety of Culinary Arts courses. The Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructor will report directly to the Dean of Trade and Industry/Apprenticeship.
Responsibilities will be at the Rhinelander Campus and/or designated outreach locations with variable hours depending upon the individual teaching assignment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver performance-based, learning-centered instruction in accordance with the mission, vision and philosophy of Nicolet College.
- Utilize technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
- Communicate regularly and provide consistent feedback to students about successful course completion.
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or a closely related field preferred. In evaluating candidates for this position, Nicolet may consider a combination of education, training, and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Experience may substitute for education. (14,000 hours or 7 years of industry specific experience.)
- Two-years (4,000 hours) of verified work experience as a chef is required. Experience must be in food service or related occupations. Occupational experience must include one-year (2,000 hours) within the past five years. Recent teaching experience in post-secondary higher education may substitute for up to one year of the occupational experience requirement. Additional experience in food service outside the field of education preferred.
- Servsafe certification with a passing score of 90% or higher is required, or the ability to gain credential with a passing score of 90% or higher prior to teaching applicable courses.
- American Culinary Federation Certification of Certified Executive Chef or Certified Culinary Educator preferred, or the ability to gain credential upon hire.
- Instructors teaching Beverage Management must have a current Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server license.
- Ability to meet Nicolet College Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements. View details at: https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/employment/faculty-quality-assurance-system-requirements
Commensurate with education and experience.. Benefits are not included with these part-time positions.
Apply online at nicoletcollege.edu. Attach a letter of interest, a current résumé, and unofficial transcripts of coursework. Qualified applicants may be contacted as needs arise.