Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Nursing Assistant
Nicolet College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when adjunct or substitute instructors are needed to teach courses in the Nursing Assistant program.
Responsibilities will be throughout the Nicolet District. Flexible schedule including day, evening, or weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver performance-based, learning-centered instruction in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of Nicolet College.
- Use technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
- Communicate regularly and provide consistent feedback to students about successful course completion.
- Maintain accurate attendance, student success, and scholastic records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- An Associate Degree in Nursing is required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Two-years (4,000 hours) of verified work experience as a Registered Nurse and current license in the State of Wisconsin is required.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse in long term care is required. Experience must be in nursing.
- Recent teaching experience in post-secondary higher education is desired.
- Occupational experience must include two years (4,000 hours) within the past five years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students of varied ages, learning styles, academic levels, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to create and facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach practical interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach. Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and maintain positive working relationships across the College and in the district required.
- Ability to meet and maintain Nicolet College Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements. View details at: https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/employment/faculty-quality-assurance-system-requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and must be able to problem solve and perform complex tasks without error.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to normal clinical environment and conditions and usual clinical equipment used by a nurse.
- The employee will be constantly required to talk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will frequently be required to sit and type/write.
- The employee must occasionally move up to 10 pounds of general clinical items.
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing normal speaking-level sounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision.
- This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
Adjunct instructors are extended a contract for each course instructed. Benefits are not included with these part-time positions.
Apply online at nicoletcollege.edu. Attach a letter of interest, which includes a statement about your philosophy of community college education, a current résumé, and unofficial transcripts of coursework.
Application materials will be added to a pool of potential adjunct instructors. Qualified applicants may be contacted as needs arise.
origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.