Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Nursing Program Clinical
Nicolet College seeks qualified Adjunct Faculty to teach clinical courses in the Associate Degree Nursing Program in the following areas:
1st and 2nd Semester
Introduction to Clinical Practice (long-term care setting)
Introduction to Clinical Management (long-term care setting)
Clinical Care across the Lifespan (acute care setting)
3rd and 4th Semester
Intermediate Clinical Practice (acute care setting)
Advanced Clinical Practice (acute care setting)
Responsibilities will be primarily at a variety of clinical facilities within the Nicolet District. This is a part-time salaried exempt position reporting to the Dean of Health Occupations.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver performance-based, learning-centered instruction in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of Nicolet College.
- Use technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
- Communicate regularly and provide consistent feedback to students about successful course completion.
- Maintain accurate attendance, student success, and scholastic records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Master of Science in Nursing is required. A Master's Degree in progress may be considered.
- Two-years (4,000 hours) of verified work experience as a Registered Nurse and current license in the state of Wisconsin is required. Experience must be in nursing. Recent teaching experience in post-secondary higher education is desired.
- Occupational experience must include two years (4,000 hours) within the past five years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students of varied ages, learning styles, academic levels, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to create and facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach practical interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach. Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and maintain positive working relationships across the College and in the district required.
- Ability to meet and maintain Nicolet College Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements. View details at: https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/employment/faculty-quality-assurance-system-requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and must be able to problem solve and perform complex tasks without error.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to normal clinical environment and conditions and usual clinical equipment used by a nurse.
- The employee will be constantly required to talk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will frequently be required to sit and type/write.
- The employee must occasionally move up to 10 pounds of general clinical items.
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing normal speaking-level sounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision.
- This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
Adjunct instructors are extended a contract for each course instructed. Benefits are not included with these part-time positions.
Apply online at nicoletcollege.edu. Attach a letter of interest, which includes a statement about your philosophy of community college education, a current résumé, and unofficial transcripts of coursework.
Application materials will be added to a pool of potential adjunct instructors. Qualified applicants may be contacted as needs arise.
origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.